My Corner of the Planet

I love South Texas.

Texas is a huge place. While I'm a native Texan, I grew up in Houston. Now Houston is OK. But after living the first part of my adult life on the East Coast, I found it a little lacking in the things I like. And I'll be the first to tell you that Houston is a loooooong way from South Texas. Not only in miles, but in attitude, like the Jimmy Buffet song - "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes."

We live at the coast. It's casual and laid back. Any more laid back, we'd be in yesterday. But the people are awesome. All of South Texas is like that, even the cities. Although the cities not so much as smaller towns. And did I mention the weather? Totally awesome most of the time. And when it's not, well, we all need rain sometime, right?

Comments

.