The Daily Muddle

A million things are racing through my mind this morning. Here are a few examples of what it's like in my head.

Our guest bath needs a new shower curtain, so I've been looking online for ideas. I'm 100% positive my live-in handyman will turn thumbs down on the two I really liked. I chose the color, but he painted it. So I feel like I need to at least consider his wishes :) We always meet in the middle on things like this. Would it hurt him - just once - to say, "I love that one." Yeah, that's what I thought. I guess I'm stuck in the middle.

My desk is a mountain of junk. This always happens when I'm knee deep in a project. By the time I finish writing at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is spend time cleaning off even a portion of it. But I really need to attack at least a corner of it today. I'd pop in a photo, but my camera is charging. Note to self: Try planning ahead next time.

Today I'm taking a short road trip to deliver a birthday gift. This means Arf and Woof will be alone for much of the day. Arf gets crated. So by the time I get home, it will be time for two long exploring walks.

And a beer.

Since I won't be writing today, either, maybe it will also be time to clean my desk. Yeah!

Or not.

Comments

Helen Ginger said…
Cleaning off the desk is an arduous task. And you have to ask yourself, Why? I clean mine up and the next day, I re-create the chaos. So why? The only reason is to find, under all the papers, that project you were supposed to finish two weeks ago. So, again, I ask, Why?

Helen
Straight From Hel
I cleaned off my desk Monday and was amazed it took only 10 minutes or so! Of course, I just ended up throwing away most of the stuff on the desk and that's why! :)

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder
Elspeth Futcher said…
I try to purge my desk at least once a decade. Not one of my strengths...

Elspeth
Terry Odell said…
I figure if you haven't needed any of the junk on your desk since the paleolithic age, you can throw it out.

Of course that guarantees that you'll need something the next day, right AFTER the garbage pickup.

Having one's house on the market does wonders for keeping ahead of the archeological digs
Others have given you desk thoughts, I'm gonna be Mr. Shower. Why not compromise and go for shower doors?! You know glass doors, that swing open or slide. Only thing with those is, you gotta wipe 'em down or the get really tacky looking fast.

Best Regards, Galen

Imagineering Fiction Blog
Carol Kilgore said…
Good idea, Galen. The guest bath has a tub/shower combo. I'll think about it because we haven't bought a shower curtain yet.

.