Friday's Top Ten

By popular request . . .

Top ten quick and easy dinners:

10. Tuna Casserole
        THE official standby if all else fails.

  9. Hearty Soup and Sandwich

  8. EZ Baked Chicken Breasts
        Serve with veggies and/or salads of your choice.

  7. Make Your Own Tacos

  6. Salmon Patties with Mac/Cheese and a Veggie

  5. Take Out!

  4. Fake Enchiladas
        Serve with salad.

  3. Burgers - Beef, Turkey, or Lamb - w/your favorite roasted veggie.
        Go HERE to see the best lamb burgers in the world.

  2. Spanish Rice-a-Roni with Meat
        This is so easy you'll have a "Duh!" moment if you've never made it.
        Serve with salad.

  And the #1 quick and easy dinner:

  1. Reservations

Please ask in the comments section if you'd like recipes or directions.

Comments

Terry Odell said…
I'd put #5 at #1 because it saves having to get dressed and drive somewhere.
Elspeth Futcher said…
Any meal that I don't have to cook is number one with me. I've never liked it; a trait I've inherited from my mother and I seem to have passed on to my kids. Everyone is a good cook, but it's seen as a chore not as a joy.

Elspeth

P.S. I love your top 10s!
Laura Eno said…
I agree with Elspeth. But if no one is willing to cook, then I'll agree with Terry. :)
Carol Kilgore said…
I might have put take out as number one if my live-in handyman and I hadn't enjoyed an extremely romantic dinner out last week. It was the first in a long time. Well worth the effort and actually wearing shoes :)

I love to cook and experiment, btw. I get tired of just "making dinner" but I really enjoy cooking. No so much on clean-up, though.
Helen Ginger said…
I haven't made salmon patties in a long time. Thanks for the reminder. I've figured out how to make a quick and tasty potato soup.

Helen
Straight From Hel
Ohmigosh! I totally forgot about Rice-a-Roni and beef! Now I *am* having a duh moment. :)

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder
Carol Kilgore said…
Helen - I have a wonderful recipe for baked potato soup. Thirty minutes max.

Elizabeth - You can use chicken tenders or breasts, pork chops, or beef with Rice-a-Roni. My family prefers the Spanish rice flavor but there are several.
I'm lucky because I have a husband who enjoys cooking. When it's my turn, I'll agree with Terry and opt for #5!
Carol Kilgore said…
My live-in handyman is handy in the kitchen, too. We probably cook 50/50. Sometimes we cook together.

.